Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Mountain House part 2

August 29, 2016

Hey!
We got our transfer calls last night. After being in Ripon for 9 months, I am being transferred...BACK to Mountain House. That was my very first area where I was trained. Now, a year later I am heading back and training a brand new missionary. Everything about this transfer call was so shocking to me. I love Ripon so much, my time here has been so kind to me, but I did feel like it was time to leave. I was guessing to go somewhere new, out of the Manteca Zone so this was a shock! I have been serving in the Manteca Zone my whole mission so far, but I guess that is just where the Lord needs me to be, and I am so willing to do whatever He asks of me. So back to Mountain House I go. Anyways, I am a bit anxious to go back there. Since the ward was newly formed when I opened the area last year, they have never had a baptism. So I really have my work cut out for me. I am very excited to go back to the ward there though, I really loved them and had a great relationship with everyone. I was really close with so many of the people there, it will be so good to serve with them once again. This next transfer will be very interesting, I am excited to meet my new missionary and get to it!

So this past week was about the same, but we did have some exciting things happen to us. We got a bunch of new referrals from both members and missionaries that we are so excited to start working with (well sister Talbot will work with them...I am leaving tomorrow haha).
And on Saturday Ashley got baptized in to the YSA ward. My talk at her baptism went really well. I was so nervous but it was still good. The musical number I preformed, I Believe in Christ on the violin, went really really well too. It was the best I have played it yet. The whole night was special and I was so happy to be apart of it. 
Chad gets baptized into the YSA ward this Friday, so since I am still in the zone, hopefully I will be able to go and be there for him. I am so happy he is getting baptized!

This week I am keeping one of my favorite scriptures I am sure I have shared before close to my heart with all the change going on. It is in 1 Corinthians 2:9. It says "But as it is written, eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." Heavenly Father's plans and dreams for me are so much bigger than my own plans and dreams. I can trust in that because He loves me with a perfect love. His whole purpose is for me to grow and be happy. Everything He asks me to do is because He knows how much it will help me. That knowledge carries me from day to day. I am forever grateful for His love and His plans for me.

all my love,
sister neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment