Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Keeping steady and sure on the long stretches

August 8, 2016

Hey!

This week was a good week overall. At first it was really really exciting. In just two days we found two new people to teach. One of them is this guy Tristan we have been trying to teach for months now, so finally sitting down and teaching him was such an awesome experience. And another was this amazing media referral we contacted, Natalee. Both first lessons were really great and the spirit was strong...but since then, both have cancelled multiple lessons and have been going through some hard things. And then the same thing with Laura who we are teaching also. So it was a little discouraging to us this week, especially with it all occurring right after a lot of excitement, but we kept pressing forward with the week. Still waiting to hear back from those we are teaching, but even so we have seen little miracles through out the week helping us keep our faith strong. 

President Palmer sent out an email to the mission this week and it really got me thinking. I feel like my mission (and even my life) is more like a marathon race rather than shorter sprints. There are some points in the race where I am really moving fast like a sprint, but more of the time I am just steadily moving forward. I think that it is during the long, steady stretches where I show what I am really made of. That is where a lot of my learning takes place. I feel that this part of the race is a more crucial time for me than the short sprints. It is faith in Jesus Christ and diligence in the smalls things that keep me going in the long stretches of the race. I just need to keep going- holding to the knowledge that eventually I will get to experience a sprint again when the time is right. As I keep my pace and don't let up, I can be sure I am doing what Jesus Christ would have me do. A scripture that really meant a lot to me early on on my mission has been coming to mind as I thought about this all, and it is found in Doctrine and Covenants 64:33. Its says, "Wherefore be not weary in well doing- for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." I know the Lord works by small means, but that does not mean they are unimportant. So this week I am keeping steady and moving forward, and I know in God's timing things will work out.

all my love,

sister neeley


The fattest cat I have ever seen (or held)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment