Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Another marathon week

August 15, 2015

Hey,

This week was another marathon week for me, just really trying to press forward and keep up my endurance. Most of the people we are teaching still haven't gotten back to us, but we are still praying for them and working hard. Tristan was the only one who wanted to be taught this week. We got to talk about the plan of salvation and it was really powerful. He has two boys he raises alone and in some hard situations so this message really struck home for him. He ended up being too nervous to show up to church which was sad. He feels like he looks too different to go to church, we are hoping he can see that church isn't about looks at all but is about growing closer to Jesus Christ. We have another lesson with him tonight I am really looking forward too. We are working hard to just do Heavenly Father's will here in every way we can. Sometimes it can be easy to say to myself, I am not making any difference, but I know that I am. And Heavenly Father sends me little tender mercies to assure me He is aware of me. For example, at the end of one of our nights we felt like we really needed to go see this girl Adriana- who we stop by and talk with when we can catch her home. She was just in tears as we talked, she has been having a really hard time and she is all alone. She just got done praying for God to send her His angels to help her, and then we knocked.We were able to comfort her and be with her in a troubling time. Even though she is not in a place to take lessons right now, just sharing that moment with her allowed me to see that I am helping people even when I don't think I am. This is the Lord's work, and it is done in small and simple ways.

I have been reflecting on my favorite scripture this week. Matthew 11:28-30, "Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn on of me; for I am meek and lowly of heart, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Christ is telling us to find rest, we just need to follow Him. He is so meek and humble, and His burden truly is light. My burdens can be light too as I try to be more meek and humble like Christ. Humility to me right now, means just accepting with a faithful heart all that Heavenly Father puts on my shoulders, and trusting that His way is the best way for me. No burden is ever too heavy if we remember that it is placed there for a reason by a Father in Heaven who loves us more than we know, and wants us to keep growing and progressing to be like Him. 

all my love,
sister eleanor neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment