Sunday, January 8, 2017

Where the Healing Begins

October 10th, 2016

Konnichiwa!! That is hello in Japanese! I

I got my transfer call last night, I can't believe this transfer is already done. It keeps getting faster and faster for me. So for this transfer I am staying in Mountain House and continuing to train sister Kitahara. I am really happy to be here still and I know great things are ahead of us. I love sister Kitahara so much, I am learning so much from her. She is a really great and loving companion. She works really hard and just at the perfect moment she can be so hilarious. She told me this week whenever we have a rough day she just thinks about the movie Jurassic park, and is filled with gratitude at least she isn't there hahaha. She is great, I love working with her and in this ward.

Just a little reminder and shout out, November 10th is Anthony's birthday! It's almost here already! 22! So send a letter or little something his way to make his day special, it takes awhile for letters and things to get there so you will need to send it SO soon to get it there in time!! It will really make him happy to get lots of birthday wishes and love, so everyone send him something :) His address is,

Elder Anthony James DiNuzzo
Indonesia Jakarta Mission
Jalan Senopati 115
Kebayoran Baru
Jakarta 12190
Indonesia

This week was a pretty good week for us. It is getting a little colder here (meaning it is not in the 100s anymore...well not usually at least haha). We got to watch the movie Meet the Mormons with one of our investigators Monique this week at a member's house. It went really well, it helped her see a little bit more of how worldwide our church is and how it helps people all over the world in many different circumstances. The spirit was really strong and the conversation we all had after was helpful for her. Side note, my favorite story from it was the man from Nepal. It was so special and very timely for me to see how people all over the world can embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ and still have their own unique culture. Nepal seems very beautiful, I would love to go do humanitarian projects there some day. This week was also Yvonne's baptism!!! It was so special!! I talked on Baptism at it and Sister Kitahara talked on the gift of the Holy Ghost. Both talks went really well. The highlight was Yvonne's testimony after she got baptized, the Spirit was so strong. She is such an amazing person and I feel so blessed to know her and be her friend. Our whole district was there at the baptism and between the six of us we all together found, taught, and helped Yvonne reach baptism. It was our district baptism and it brought a lot of love and unity to our district. We were all really happy to hear that this transfer we are all staying so our district won't change! We are slowly working with Laticia still, and as we taught her this week she commented how what we are teaching sounds so familiar to her, and it just sounds right. She hasn't read the book of mormon yet but she sees and more importantly feels how this really is Jesus Christ's church on the earth again. We are excited to keep teaching her. 

A highlight of my week was that an inactive member came to church this week for the first time in a long time. I was close with her when I was here last year and all my months away I have kept her close to my heart and in my prayers. She is just one of those people I feel like I really connect with and understand, and my heart has always gone out to her in her situation. That morning I felt particularly prompted to pray for this sister, and as I got to church I just knew I needed to save her a seat by me in the back where she could see me easily. Just a few minutes into sacrament meeting she walked in and took her seat next to me and I felt the spirit so strong. It was fast and testimony meeting that sunday at our ward and my heart was just burning, I had to go up and share my testimony. As I sat back down by her she held my hand so tight. I know I am here in Mountain House again for many different reasons, but in that moment the Spirit spoke to me so clearly and powerfully and let me know this was one of them. I was just beaming all day long, I haven't had a day where I felt the Spirit so strong in a while. Nothing makes me more happy than seeing others, especially those whom I personally know and love, accept the help the Savior is always and anxiously trying to give. And to see the ward just love and accept her the whole day touched and taught my heart in a really special way. 

With that experience fresh in my heart and other specific similar ones I had throughout the week, as I was studying the Book of Mormon a verse really stood out to me. In Mosiah 15 verse 9 it speaks about the compassion Jesus Christ has for each of us. And how He is "standing betwixt us and justice". He is our Advocate. He is our Redeemer. When we make mistakes in life, little ones and the ones that seem to crush our very being, He is there if we let Him take the burden off us. He can take the pain away. I felt the Savoir's love and compassion in so many ways and through so many people this week. I know He lives and I know that when we come to Him, He will take the pain from us and we will be healed.


all my love,
Sister Neeley


Yvonne's Baptism



Sister Kithara and I living' it up!



Sister Kithara and I outside our casita


Group Hug!


No comments:

Post a Comment