Monday, January 9, 2017

Transfer Call

January 9, 2017 
(part 1)

I got my last transfer call! I will be staying in Mountain House with Sister Kitahara for my last transfer. The ward is crazy excited about it, I have been with them for so long, and they knew me when I was brand new to the mission. I feel a lot of peace about it too, and I know this is where Heavenly Father needs me right now. 

This week a lot of people were out of town, but we still got to teach and bare testimony to others. We continued to teach Lesley, and her husband (in little ways) is softening his heart. We taught her twice again this week. We are trusting in the Lord's timing with that, but praying so hard everyday for a miracle to happen. This next week we will get to teach Washington again, and we really look forward to that lesson. He is an amazing guy with such a big heart. Everyday we get to bare our testimonies to others, whether on the street or in a lesson or at a dinner, and through that we can feel we are doing the Lord's work here. Sometimes it takes humility and trust to have that assurance, but I know when I try my best to follow the Savior He is proud of me, and with me. It takes a lot of humility to keep diligently doing the small things, but the small things add up and that is how the Lord accomplishes His work. I trust that.

I hope everyone had a happy new year. As I reflect on my 2016 I am over filled with gratitude. This past year has changed my heart. I've spent every moment of everyday in the service of the Savior. Not only have I learned a lot about myself in the process, but I have learned so much more of who my Savior is- in a very personal, in depth way. It has been much more than just learning who the scriptures tell me He is, I have had my own personal experiences to teach me of His loving character. Him and I have created our own story together. Some of those experiences have been some of the hardest in my life, but I can truly testify that it is exactly those times that brought me closest to Christ. In my weakest moments where I feel I have not much else left in me, I am at the greatest capacity to feel the Savior's healing love. Our struggles have the potential to bind us to the Savior. I feel like every time I use the atonement to console, strengthen, or forgive myself I get to know the Savior a little deeper. It makes me think of Ether 12:27 from the Book of Mormon, "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." I know we all have a perfect loving Heavenly Father. He is so aware of each of us, and has a plan for us. He gives us weakness to draw us unto Him. I am grateful for my weaknesses and trials that have helped me have a more authentic and meaning experience with Jesus Christ and His atonement. He is my perfect friend. My weaknesses have also helped me connect more deeply to those I am teaching, to have more empathy and compassion towards them. I hope to in 2017 continue to trust and allow my weakness to draw me closer to the Savior, and give me greater capacity to connect with others around me.

all my love,
Sister Eleanor Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment