Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Transfer Call!

September 21, 2015

Hello everyone I love!

This last week has been just amazing. I feel like I have been going full force all week and it feels great. There are so many good things happening here. I am excited to hear about Dad and Olivia's new calling for the family history center together. That will be so fun to learn. I am sorry the Alex lost his football game but I am sure he didn't make it easy for them! Amber sounds like she is having so much fun with her special Olympic sports, tell her to keep up the work! 

So last Monday night I was called by President Palmer to come speak in a youth stake mission fireside the next day all the way in oakdale (like hour and a half away from our area). I spoke with his wife Sister Palmer and she asked me questions about being a sister missionary and I was able to answer and bear my testimony. It was a really really special experience to me. I never realized just how much all the kids look up to missionaries as a whole for an example. I got to know them a little better during a break out session after we spoke and they are all so great. The youth of the church gets stronger and stronger I swear. They know where they came from, they know who they are, and the potential they have as each of them embrace the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Afterwards President Palmer and Sister Palmer took my companion and I as well as one other set of Elders who spoke, out for ice cream. It is always so fun to spend time President and Sister Palmer, they have this way of making you feel so special and good about yourself. They truly know what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. I am blessed to be able to work with them so much my first transfer. 

This week Sister TuaTonga and I meet so many people and a family who are interested in hearing more about Jesus Christ and the restored Gospel. As I met each person and got to know their story and struggle I just was so happy because I know that the Gospel can help them and give them so much peace. I look forward to meeting with and serving them this week... with my new companion!

So yes, I got my transfer call. I am staying in Mountain House to train a new missionary from the MTC! I feel so much excitement and humility about this opportunity. I will not pretend like I know everything- because I really do not. But I will work hard to find the answers in Preach My Gospel and in the missionary handbook. The modesto mission is simple, it does not have an extra set of rules, if it is found in preach my gospel or the missionary handbook then it is a rule and expected- if it is not than it is not expected. I will be obedient and work hard to be lead by the spirit. I am so excited for this growing opportunity. I will meet my new companion tomorrow at the mission office. I have been fasting and praying for her for the last two weeks and I love her already. This will be a hard thing to do, but I am trusting in the plan Heavenly Father has for me. 

I am so thankful for all the prayers. Prayer is real, and it can be easy to get into the habit of just saying words but we should all try to take a step back every once in awhile and reflect on our personal relationship with God. When we pray and ask for help and protection, He will send down angels to bear us up and strengthen us. As we have faith we will be able to accept that divine help. It is real and true and I have felt it. When I have tasks that I can not do alone, or a hard time I can not get past just myself, I feel Heavenly Father's hand in my life making all things possible for me. He will help us as much as we let him. 

I love you all so much and hope this next week is great for everyone. You are in my prayers.
All my love,
Sister Neeley

No comments:

Post a Comment